Hello our dear readers!
At the beginning, we would like to apologize for a long silence from our side. End of the year, a lot of obligations, work, traveling and there was no time to share some new ideas with you. But, here we are again, with a lot of enthusiasm, we have prepared an amazing new post for you. Already from the title you could guess about what I will write, so let begin.
One of my favorite food is SUSHI 🙂 🙂 🙂
Sushi is for enjoying. People who likes it, will understand me. Every single time when we go to one of Japanese restaurants I am feeling as a child, with the same desire to taste something new. So finally, Clark and Chiquita wanted to try to prepare their first home made sushi. And here it is!
Ingredients for two persons
- 4 Sheets Nori
- Rollong Mat
- 2 x 125g Sushi Rice
- 200g Smoked Salmon
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Avocado
- 40ml Rice Vinegar
- 40ml Soy Sauce
- 20g Ginger
- 10g Wasabi Paste
As, it was our first time preparing it, we used a Sushi Kit “Saitaku”. With all ingredients and preparation steps, is so easy to make it.
Put both bags of rice into boiling, salted water and simmer for 17 minutes. Carefully take the rice out of the bag and drain it. Mix the warm rice with sushi rice vinegar and set aside to cool. While rice is cooling down, wash the vegetables and cut into slices of 5mm thickness and 20cm long. Cut the salmon into 1cm wide strips.
- Place 1 nori sheet on the bamboo mat.
- Spread 1/4 pf the rice in a thin even layer on the nori sheet. Leave 1cm free at the top and bottom, so that the roll can be closed later.
- Filling 1: place 1 strip of salmon, 1 of cucumber, 1 of carrot and 1 of avocado on top of the rice in the middle.
- Filling 2: spread a bit of mayonnaise in the middle of the rice. Then place 1 strip of cucumbers, 1 of avocado and 1 strip of salmon on the top.
- Filling 3: place 1 strip of cucumber, 1 of carrot and 1 of avocado.
- Filling 4: place 3 strips of salmon in the middle of the rice.
- Carefully and evenly roll up the nori with the help of the bamboo mat by applying light pressure away from your body.
- Sprinkle one end of the nori sheet with a few drop of water; then place the other end on top and close the roll lightly.
- Cut the sushi roll with a sharp knife. Wet the knife with a little water before each cut, so that the rice does not stick to it.
- Serve the sushi rolls arranged on a plate with wasabi and ginger. Serve the soy sauce separately in a small bowl.
Enjoy your sushi!